Protecting your privacy is important to SPB We recognize that the privacy of personal information is important to our customers, and we strive to operate our business in a manner that justifies your choice of our services.
We are providing this privacy notice to you as required by law. This privacy notice explains the types of personal information we may collect from and about you, purpose of collection and usage of such information, as well as how we may disclose and protect that information. By using the services provided by SPB you expressly consent to having read and understood this privacy notice and agree to the contents herein contained and the collection and use of the information by us. Provided that, you may not provide us any personal information if you do not agree with the terms of this privacy notice, and consequently SPB may not provide services to you.
Who This Notice Covers
This notice applies to personal information we collect when we provide tax preparation and other services to customers of SPB This notice does not apply to any of our affiliates, associates, group companies etc. These companies may be subject to different regulations and/or may have different operating practices. If you are doing business with these companies, you should consult their respective privacy policies.
Information We May Collect and Purpose of Collecting Such Information.
- We collect certain personal information so that we may prepare your tax return. This information typically includes, for example, your name, address and certain other data such as your Permanent Account Number (“PAN”), income and deductions data, expenses data, vouchers, bank statements, and other personal information about you and your dependents that we need to prepare your tax return.
- We may collect personal information in connection with transactions. This personal information may include, for example, your name, address, account passwords and certain other “nonpublic personal information” such as your financial information including debit and credit account numbers, balances and payment history, income and assets.
- We also may collect personal information about you when you inquire about services or request information from us, submit rebate forms, or when you enter our contests. This personal information may include, for example, your name, telephone number, mailing address and e-mail address.
- You may request us to review/amend the information provided by you to us if such information is found to be inaccurate or deficient and the same shall be corrected or amended as feasible. However, SPB shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the personal information supplied by you to us.
How We May Disclose Information About You
SPB disclosure of personal information about you is controlled by various laws, regulations and other legal requirements, as well as SPB policies. For example, the personal information we obtain to prepare your tax return is subject to specific legal requirements.
- Where permitted or required by law, we may disclose personal information about you for our normal business purposes. For example, this may include disclosures to the tax authorities, and for certain other purposes where permitted by law (such as the processing of your tax return).
- With your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law, we may disclose your personal information to service providers who perform business functions on our behalf (including service providers who perform “auxiliary services” in connection with tax preparation services offered by SPB We require SPB service providers to have written contracts that specify appropriate use of your personal information, require them to safeguard your personal information, and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use or disclosure of your personal information. In certain situations, involving personal information collected for tax return preparation, we may be required to disclose this information to affiliates or non-affiliated third parties to which you hereby consent to such disclosure. For example, if you have provided consent, we may disclose personal information about you to SPB affiliates engaged in offering banking, investment, credit cards or consumer loans, insurance or other non-tax financial services in order to provide you with service enhancements and product opportunities that we believe may interest you. We will require such affiliates or non-affiliated third parties to have written contracts with SPB to safeguard your personal information and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use or disclosure of your personal information.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third party direct marketers. In certain situations, involving personal information collected for tax return preparation, we may disclose your personal information to financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements to which you hereby consent to such disclosure. We require all joint marketers to have written contracts with us that specify appropriate use of your personal information, require them to safeguard your personal information, and prohibit them from making unauthorized or unlawful use or disclosure of your personal information.
- We may disclose your personal information to affiliates or non-affiliated third parties (including government entities) when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required or permitted by law. This may occur, for example, in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding, or other situations (including our business operations) where the provision of certain information is required or permitted by law.